About Scott Raney
S. Raney Tree Services is a small tree-surgery business formed in February 2012. All my staff are trained to the highest professional standards and carry out all work to BS 3998:2010. We particularly pride ourselves on our care and upkeep of trees across the Norwich, Norfolk and East Anglian region.
Prior to starting S. Raney Tree Services, I worked for Norwich City Council for seven years, gaining a vast amount of experience and knowledge within the fields of horticulture and arboriculture. I continue to work closely with local councils and tree officers.
Tree Preservation Orders (TPOs) and high-voltage power lines
I will be happy to submit any planning applications for work on TPO trees or trees within conservation areas, and I can arrange shut-downs on high-voltage power lines (where this should prove necessary).
- CS30 NPTC level 2 in chainsaw and related operations;
- CS31 NPTC level 2 for felling and processing small trees;
- CS38 NPTC level 2 to climb trees and perform aerial rescue;
- CS39 NPTC level 2 to operate a chainsaw from a rope and harness;
- NPTC level 2 in safe use of hedge cutters (hand and tractor mounted);
- City & Guilds for signing, lighting and guarding (chapter 8);
- NPTC level 2 in safe use of pesticides:
- Emergency first aid at work;
- NVQ level 2 in amenity horticulture;
- First diploma in countryside and environment;
- NPTC level 2 in tractor driving and related operations.
I have printed copies of these certificates which can be shown upon request.